Helmdon Baptist Chapel
The Helmdon Baptist chapel opened for public worship
on 8th June 1841 with the schoolroom being added much later in 1953.
Because it was deemed unsafe as a building, it closed as a place
of worship in January 2004.
It has always been part of a group. It was originally one of three
village chapels, and then it belonged to a group of six. In January
2000 the Helmdon Baptists joined in a partnership with Towcester
Baptists to form the Tove Valley Baptist Fellowship, members meeting
for worship every Sunday morning.
The community, notably the Tiny tots, also used the premises. They
now meet at Weston Baptist Chapel, the oldest Baptist chapel in
For more information about the Tove Valley Baptist
Fellowship telephone Rosemary
Gulliver on (01295) 760720
For more history See also ......